• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KD7-raid doesn't post need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StoneRyno

Ok I took my old kd7-raid and AMD athlon K7 Socket A 750mhz I believe. According to abit the mobo supports the CPU. I unpluged everything but the CPU and the power supply connections to the mobo.

I was thinking at 1st maybe I wasn't hooking up the front panel items power, reset sw, power hdd led, speaker etc. So I unplugged all of that too.

Help me figure out if I hooked them up right and also what else could be causing it not to boot.

Here is what happens when I hit the power switch. cpu fan spins for a couple seconds at most and stops. The little light in the corner D16 lights up for a split second when the power button in pressed. When I turn on the power supply D14 lights up and stays on. I tried the power switch connector both ways on the pins. Same thing happens both ways.

Suffice it to say I'm clueless. I've never had this much trouble. I've always plugged everything in and booted at startup except the one time I had unknown incompatable brand ram.

You can leave all the front panel wires off and simply use a small screwdriver to jump start it to make sure you are using the right pins.

Well it appears that I am using the correct pins. The scredriver gets the same result. The cpu fan spins for about 1 second and nothing happens.

I would start pulling and reinstalling cpu and ram. Maybe not seated all the way. Then check check all other plugs, fan header for cpu and cmos jumper. Other than that I am lost.Maybe clear the cmos. It could be trying to post up at the speed of whatever cpu was in there before.

It would seem you are as lost as I am then. Already pulled the cpu out and HSF off and unplugged and reseated it and put the HSF on and plugged it in. Pulled the ram out put it back in and pulled it out again.

I wanted to at least get the pc to start to bootup and then generate a beep code error due to not having ram in. But I can even get that far. :(

Ohioviper said:
Did you try clearing the cmos yet ?

Yup several times with the same results. Nothing else on the mobo except the cpu and of course the power supply pluged in apropriately. I have done this before when I 1st got the KD7-raid. It had all the stuff from my current setup on it. Except when I 1st got it the ram I had bought was an unknown incompatable brand eventhough the type and everything about it met specifications for the mobo. But anyways the point to that is when I had a post issue with that ram I unplugged everything except the CPU and power supply hookups like I've done here and hit the power button. At that time the pc posted and proceeded to error beeps for the lack of ram every time the power button was pressed.

Thus I'm stumped still as to why its stopping about a second after the CPU fan starts to spin. Any more ideas? I was really hoping to mess with o/cing this CPU on it since the KD7-raid is much more ranged and overall a better o/c mobo than the one the CPU was on originally.

Only thing I can think of is to try switching out each part one at the time to see what is hanging it up. Maybe ram is bad or cpu got zapped.

Ohioviper said:
Only thing I can think of is to try switching out each part one at the time to see what is hanging it up. Maybe ram is bad or cpu got zapped.

The only thing in it is the CPU everything was yanked before my OP. I'm going to take the CPU out and put it in the old mobo. I'm certain its not fried I was very careful not to do anything to damage anything.

Back