• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a 64 bit processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Dud

I recently got a motherboard from a friend and have been looking at processors. The only thing is that there are two that I am looking at, being the only difference is the process type. On the one it has a process type of 90 nm and on the other it has 0.13 µm. What do these numbers mean and what is 'µm' and 'nm' mean. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

um is micrometer and nm is nanometer. We need to know what type of motherboard you have so we can recommend a processor.

Neither, if you are willing to spend 200$ add spend 15$ and get this 3700 San Diego or this one, don't know the difference as they are soposed to be the same, I will check AMD.com and report.

Flip, he can just go with the Opty. Only difference would be is a lower stock speed/multi & 50$ back in his pocket. Unless he isn't wanting to OC then the 3700+ would be sweet, my first A64 :D

gl

if your not going to oc, go with a san diego 3700+

otherwise the opteron is a good idea.

ziggo0 said:
Flip, he can just go with the Opty. Only difference would be is a lower stock speed/multi & 50$ back in his pocket. Unless he isn't wanting to OC then the 3700+ would be sweet, my first A64 :D

gl
True but I'm not comfortable recommending someone a CPU he needs to OC, what if he doesn't know how? He's gonna blame me and I don't need the bad karma. :)

Back