• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8kha+and xp1800+ overclock help..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lunky

Registered
hello there.. would love a bit of help here :)

setup as follows

8kha+ / xp1800+(1533@[email protected]) / 256 2400 corsair/ geforce3 / koolance mk2 (watercooled)temps cpu@load 31`c case@load 26`c

my problem is no matter what i do i cannot get this baby over the 1700 barrier .its ok at 146fsb (1680) and it will even boot into windows quite happily at 148fsb(1702) and will run most progs.. but as soon as i run 3dmark 2001 then it locks up after 10-20 seconds so at 1702 shes not 100% stable, i have relaxed on the mem setting.. but still no joy.. i have ordered a 470 ohn resister to do the mobo mod to take me to 2.0-2.10 volts, but would rather get her to 1700 without it.. any ideas, also has anyone done the voltage mod and what sort of gain did you get ?

thanx in advance..

sorry didn`t i mention that.. ..ooops.. yep my mem voltage is on the max.. and using a enermax power supply, and the 5 volt rail is at 4.89v so it doesn`t seem to be problems with that either, it may just be the cpu needs more volts but would like to try and get it to 1700 the natural way (if there is such a way), if not then i will have to do the voltage mod.. has anyone done this mod.. i have read somewhere that its a 470 ohm variable resister and have read here that its a 1/4 ohm resister..anyone been successful and would like to give me the full story, it would be gratefully appreciatted and also what sort of gain you got.. aslo what were you temps like after

thanx in advance

drop the mem volts and ust be happy, youre gonna fry your mem if you have not already with that max, 2.9v is the MOST i would use for a prolonged period of time. Try higher Multiplier and less FSB

Back