• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 520w Owners I have a Quick Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. $T$

I can't seem to find a decent picture to verify this but is this unit backwards compatible to ATX? I'd like to get a PSU I can grow into and I have a socket 478 Abit IS7 ATM.

TIA.

Also I just found out the 500w Fortron is backward compatible also. What is the better powersupply? I've heard Awesome things about both which makes it very tough to decide.

i'd buy the cheaper one. And for that matter, the fortron is definately cheaper, IIRC.

i thought the single 120mm in the 500w bluestorm made it extremely quiet?

the ocz barrelly gets warm, thus the fans are ALWAYS running really low, therefor the quitness :)
and trust me, you want the ocz warrenty

I've been reading alot about the SilverStone Zeus, what are your opinions about it?

Mr. $T$ said:
I've been reading alot about the SilverStone Zeus, what are your opinions about it?

The 560W Zeus is getting very popular very fast - it's an industrial grade server unit dressed up for the consumer market. Other similar units are the PC P&C 510W, and Zippy's new gaming units.

Of the models mentioned, the Fortron AX500-A is the least powerful and the Silverstone the most. Being OEM Etasis, the Silverstone also has a build quality advantage over both others. However, the OCZ is the tightest regulating.

Oklahoma Wolf said:
The 560W Zeus is getting very popular very fast - it's an industrial grade server unit dressed up for the consumer market. Other similar units are the PC P&C 510W, and Zippy's new gaming units.

Of the models mentioned, the Fortron AX500-A is the least powerful and the Silverstone the most. Being OEM Etasis, the Silverstone also has a build quality advantage over both others. However, the OCZ is the tightest regulating.

I saw that in the other thread, many people were very impressed with its build quality as well the tight voltage readings. I also hear it's very efficient mid 80's range.

Back