• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X2 4800+ Likes Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dominick32

Senior Solid State Aficionado
Well, to hold me off for a few weeks before my Vapochill I decided to run to the store and go back to water cooling with a small WC setup: (BIP, TDX, Eheim1250)

It turns out my X2 4800 has two very stable cores.
I have been running two instances of Prime95 Torture test for about 3 hours now with no problems.A hair under 2.8 Ghz @ 1.49 vcore (stock is 2.4 ghz @ 1.34) Memory is at no divider on a 12 multiplier @ 233 Mhz. DDR466 @ stock voltage and 1T.

38*C idle 42*C load with 2.8 overclock.

2800ghz.JPG

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
what stepping is this chip??

Sorry it took so long for the responses tonight guys. I have been out all day.

CCBWE 0538RPMW

I googled the stepping and saw that one other member on bit-tech.net forums has the same chip. I have been reading some threads on Xtremesystems as well, and it looks as though my stepping might have some problems with the vapochill under extremely low temps. We will have to wait and see. :)

Dom

brakezone said:
I hope it likes vapochill even better :cool:

I hope so too. I cannot wait any longer to strap down an LS... :)

For now I may try for 2.85 to 2.95Ghz on water tomorrow. I wonder how far she will go? The new Asus A8N32 seems to OC nicely but I think I am going to need a DFI when the lightspeed comes in to get those 1.6 vcores stable.

Dom

LegolasElf said:
wow thats excellent man congrats on that. Nice OC all the way around.

Thanks for the comments man. Excellent OC on your rig as well bro.

Dom

Let us know if you find the max OC prime stable.

Reason I ask is I have an FX-60, similiar stepping CBB2E 0536 RPMW, and it does 2800 at 1.40 volts, 2900 at 1.44 volts, and 2950 at 1.49 volts, but after that I can't it prime stable no matter what voltage.

Indyxc1 said:

Reason I ask is I have an FX-60, similiar stepping CBB2E 0536 RPMW, and it does 2800 at 1.40 volts, 2900 at 1.44 volts, and 2950 at 1.49 volts, but after that I can't it prime stable no matter what voltage.

I definitely will keep you posted. I plan on trying to get a prime stable OC as high as possible on water tommorrow. Hopefully over 2.8

Dom

I found an extremely happy overlock. 2.8 Ghz, 280X10 @ 1.5 vcore.
I have the memory at 280 mhz, 1T and everything is running awesome and Superpi 32M stable.
Just figured I would post the latest results:

superpi32.JPG

Indyxc1 said:

Just FYI. I have found very similar. My FX60 is at 2.8 with 1.40VCore, but I am finding it limited by heat at the voltages needed for 2.9

I will have to get watercooling to push it to 3.0, I am afraid. :shrug:

Back