• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need suggestions for new idea...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, after much reading and brainstorming, I have a crazy idea that I want to do. I call it a Casadiator. I want to build a small case on the order of an X-qpack by making a radiator that basically is the case. the outside shell will be a dual cooling loop with intakes along the entire bottom edge for air and a trio of 120 mm fans on top in the center. It will be hinged to the back panel and nonremovable. Instaed it will open clamshell style.

What I need to know is....

1. how hard is it to make cooling fins for the radiator tubes, which will be 1/4 " tubing?

2. Would wires brazed/soldered to the outside of the tubes in a grid pattern be enough to increase surface area, rather than fins?

3 I wish to mount the mobo upside down on the top of the case(for space reasons, as well as to help in case of leaks.)will i need to construct card holders to prevent the video and other addons from falling out?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts that you pass on.

Back