• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How accurate is Vcore in CPU-Z?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snagglebot

Registered
Vcore can't be this low...can it?

Anybody?
Just got my rg toether and started doing some testing. Since my RAM is rated for DDR500, and I knew my Opty would clock that, I bumped the Vcore to 1.375v, and brought my HHT up to 250. I was happy with this for now, till I get more time to play with maxxing it out. So, I decided to start lowering the Vcore to set it at just what was required for 250, to keep my temps down.

Right now i'm at 1.275v in BIOS. Doesn't that seem ridiculously low? I mean, stock comes in at 1.325v (I believe). BIOS shows Vcore at 1.275, but CPU-Z shows me about .025v less.

How accurate is this? Seems not possible to me....
I'm going to continue to drop the Vcore till I lose stability, then bump it up a notch and Prime95 it. I'll update as I progress.

*EDIT* Now at 1.250v in BIOS. CPU-Z shows 1.215v.
*EDIT 2* Now at 1.225v BIOS, 1.20v CPU-Z
*EDIT 3* Now at 1.20v BIOS, 1.168v CPU-Z (Updated Image)
*EDIT 4* 1.175v BIOS, 1.136v CPU-Z
*EDIT 5* 1.150v BIOS, 1.12v CPU-Z (Shouldn't I have to increase Vcore to OC?)
*EDIT 6* 1.125v BIOS, 1.104v CPU-Z
This ain't right. Somebody chime in and tell me whats going on. Either both BIOS and CPU-Z are lying to me, or this processor runs on love, cause it sure as hell ain't running on electricity....Image Updated.

oppsgo.jpg

Last edited:
It's probably a combination of your board under volting and CPU-Z not being very accurate in the first place.

Mine would jump around until I adjusted the rails on the PSU since my DMM readings showed them being a little bit under (on my 5v and 12v). My 3.3v was fine. Now my 5v is 5.05v and my 12v is 12.03v. That was as close as I could get them cause those adjustments are pretty sensitive on the PSU.

Now my CPU-Z shows and even steady 1.328v (1.325 in the BIOS). No fluctuation at all.

snagglebot said:
What do you mean "undervolting"? If the BIOS doesn't refect my vcore, what will?

Some boards will supply a higher or lower voltage than what you pick in the bios. There are places on the board to measure it with a multimeter, but I don't know where.

Back