• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cardkeeper, CK98-1225

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/cackfornvand.html

can also be found here

i started a thread about this i think and ranger is the only one that said boo lmao :p

anyway i was gonna get one but i dont see the need on my x1900xt, the actual PCI-E cord from my PSU actually holds the card up, cuz I have the cord coming from the back of the case down the side so it takes up all the slack and barely reaches the card. Nice neat and holds the weight of the card perfectly without stressing the plug or connector.

Rattle, that CK03-1225 is the exact one I ordered for my cards, from Sidewinder BTW.

I ordered soo much kit from Sidewinder in 05' that they sent me a personalized, hand written Christmas card.

Rattle said:
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/cackfornvand.html

can also be found here

i started a thread about this i think and ranger is the only one that said boo lmao :p

anyway i was gonna get one but i dont see the need on my x1900xt, the actual PCI-E cord from my PSU actually holds the card up, cuz I have the cord coming from the back of the case down the side so it takes up all the slack and barely reaches the card. Nice neat and holds the weight of the card perfectly without stressing the plug or connector.
mine is kinda heavy now...... lol gonna get heavier..... :p

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=4334820&postcount=938

Ok here are my X1800XT Crossfire cards. Notice the second card, tail end is warped downward, that is how it arrived from NewEgg! It was worse but I squeezed it in under the cardkeeper....

Attachments

• Cardkeeper_X1800Crossfireresize.jpg
    Cardkeeper_X1800Crossfireresize.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,778
those look nice, considering the PCB is identical on both cards if i'm not mistaken it should work the same.

that is quite the slice BTW

RangerXLT8: thanks bro... I'm gonna order one of those since I'm putting some more copper on my already heavy card.

2 purchased from Cyberguys for $17.53 shipped priority mail..... I'm happy! :D

Houserat: That is one big HS on that card, It's really perfect; a big block of finned copper. How is that mounted? Did ya drill holes into the base of the HS in a 2.10" square pattern?

I only drilled two diagonal holes (didn't need all 4) then I tapped it. I really like how this cooler fits the card.

traldan said:
So should I get this if my X1900 is just stock cooled?
I wouldn't...... the stock cooler seemed to be somewhat balanced..... with my heatsink all the weight is in one main spot. Does it seem so stressed that my card will warp or bend? No. I'm not about to let it get that way either. I'm gonna add more weight to the card also when I cool the pwm area.

HousERaT said:
I wouldn't...... the stock cooler seemed to be somewhat balanced..... with my heatsink all the weight is in one main spot. Does it seem so stressed that my card will warp or bend? No. I'm not about to let it get that way either. I'm gonna add more weight to the card also when I cool the pwm area.

Speaking of cooling the PWM area. I ordered 12(6 for each card) these- MicroCool MicroSinks. The stock ATI Cooler pulls air across the pwm area so it's gonna work well. I'm considering using Arctic Alumina Epoxy\AS5 to attach them, or I may just use the thermal tape that comes on the sinks....... The sinks are going to be here Wednesday and I'm going to create a new thread so others can see the mod....

Nice i look forward to seeing that, i may do the same. I'm not convinced about changing out the stock cooler yet though.

I've got a few ideas in mind for the pwm area...... I've already got a bunch of copper ramsinks still in the package for my DDR memory..... but that isn't really what I want to use. Since I've got the cardkeeper on the way I may go with something a little more robust...... ;)

Rattle said:
Nice i look forward to seeing that, i may do the same. I'm not convinced about changing out the stock cooler yet though.

From first hand experience, no aftermarket air cooler cools the x1800\x1900 better then the stock cooler. Zalman V7 are quiet, but cannot cool as well as the stock cooler. Really, the stock cooler at %100 fan speed is a BEAST! The only aftermarket GPU air cooler I can see cooling these cards better is the Zalman VF900, which is not released yet..... Sometime down the road Arctic Cooling will most likely come up with a Silencer that cools better than stock.

I think I'm going to stick with the pre-applied thermal tape in attaching the pwm sinks so I'll be able to remove them down the line should some better GPU cooling solution come about.

Back