Notices

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.
Forum Jump

Network shuts off

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 02-27-06, 09:01 AM Thread Starter   #1
acidburn2019
Registered

Network shuts off

I have a linksys WRT54g at home and a DFI Nforce 4 Ultra-d. For some reason, if I leave the board hooked up to the router for more than 24 hours it will give me a private ip address. At that point I have to either restart the computer or reset the router for it to come back. I know it's not the board, because if I plug it straight into the wall I can have it work for an indefinate period of time, and if I set my ip to static it will work with the router for a longer period of time, but even then it craps out after a while. Is there anything I can do to keep my internet working?
acidburn2019 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-28-06, 11:22 AM   #2
Exempt

enter you linksys configuration panel 192.168.1.1, by default username and password is: Usrnme: admin PW: admin

make sure that DHCP is enabled, and you do not have "clone" enabled (on some older firmware versions), actually before you do all this make sure to goto linksys website and download the latest firmware and flash your router.

Primary SSD: 512gb Samsung 840 Pro
Storage SSD: 4x Intel 520 SSD RAID 0 -
Media Storage: 2x 16tb Drobo Pros
Vid: 2x Titan Superclocked in SLI
Level 10 chassis - Corsair 1200w psu
3x 30" dell 3007 Corsair H70
Exempt is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-28-06, 09:49 PM Thread Starter   #3
acidburn2019
Registered

Tried that and didn't work. I think it's something with windows more than the router itself. My roommates computer is hooked to the same router and never has the problem that I have. But if my computer is hooked into the wall (no router) it never has this issue. So basically (my computer -> router = issue) (roommates computer -> router = no issue) (my computer -> wall = no issue).
acidburn2019 is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.