• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gimme a Y!....Y!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

plague

Im upgrading mobo, and CPU soon... Epox 8KHA+ on either 1.3 or maybe 1.4 TB. Just bought a full tower and Im getting ready to watercool this winter. Well, how did you guys who have, say.. an AYHJA "Y", get it?? I dont wanna order one and just take a chance on gettin a Y over a 9. I was at a marketpro show on saturday, but every price I saw was at least $20 above newegg.com, so I didnt buy one (even though I did spend $180 :rolleyes: ) Any ideas, or just take the chance??

PS..sorry about the dumb subject...

I want to, just a little short in the money dept. college and all... I'm hoping to win the giveaway and get me a new 1800+, but thats the only way I could go the XP route.

Email them and see if they can guarantee a "Y". It never hurts to try! I'm like you, I wouldn't settle for a "9"!

Check newegg.com the 1600 and the 1700 are close to the price of the TB 1.4. it is only 7 dollars more for the 1600. I just checked!!!:D

kendan said:
Check newegg.com the 1600 and the 1700 are close to the price of the TB 1.4. it is only 7 dollars more for the 1600. I just checked!!!:D

Check That! I would do what kenda said. Boy, I didn't know the prices were that close! Sweet!

Well what about XP steppings... are any better than others?? I really wasnt planning on going this route, as i have found a 1.33 AYHJA Y somewhere for $75. We'll see - i really do want an XP, not looking forward to unlocking it, as this is my first chip I OC'd and it was unlocked so Ive never had to do it yet =) If I dont get this 1.3, I'll think about it.

Ok, Ive decided just to wait.. Im not building this thing till december, so prices will come down, and hopefully the issues with the 8KHA+ will get solved. So then I wont have a problem gettin an XP.

Back