• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nothing but 2306s...yuck!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gulp35

I literally have nothing but 2306s (on 16 different machines here at home). This is a mix of Intel and AMD machines. They are not bad on old AMDs and Intels, but they really bite on A64s. My 2Ghz dually is chugging at only 135 ppd per processor (vs 200 to 325 typically), while by 2.5ghz A64 is only making 178ppd (vs 250-380 ppd normally). And my Opt 165 (2.65Ghz) is only only making 230 ppd per core.

Is everyone else also flooded with these things? I've already done 177 2305s and 208 2306s. Last week I was at least getting a split of these and the 500-700 pointers on my A64s, and nothing but 230X on everything else. But now all my machines are just jammed with these things.

Funny, Stanford doesn't even have the 2306 listed in any of their psummary pages. :shrug:

I still say that their assignment servers are screwed and do basically what they want to every now and then. But if you try to post something about wierd happenings with the assignment server at the community forums, the wankers there just jump in and crap your thread. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I try to limit what I post at Stanford. I asked them to clearly post somewhere easily locatable (Like the FAQs) what the minimum RAM was for QMDs. 12 pages later, and still no answer to my question....

I looked over at overclockers AU....Some of them are switching to TTs....I may do that for my A64s...better than these 230x's

Ditto here ... but out of 35 instances i had 1 1481 ... lucky me :cry:

dwschoon said:
My slow borgs all landed the big dgromacs, but my fast one gets the 2306. makes no sense.

what flags are you running the slow borgs on? Did they get their DGromacs before Sunday? Sat night is when I notices no more DGromacs.

On my quad xeon, I had been getting all 2603's until changed the flags to bigpacks and advmethods on. Now I get only 1 2603 on my first instance, and on the other 3 I've been getting a mix of Amber, Gromacs and DBGromacs. 2603's killed my ppd from ~350 (after the end of QMDs) to ~120PPD.

ALL my rigs are getting flooded with 2306!! and they are all with -adv and bigpocket!! :shrug: post-QMD is bad already, but the post DGromacs, these gbGromacs looks even worst..... :bang head QMD, QMD, QMD, when are you gonna be back buddy.... :eh?:

Well, I guess this means that it will be a good time to take one of my DC machines down and start doing some heatsink testing with it and not worry about missing out on some good DGro work when I get in from the rig tonight. I always feel a little guilty when I take a machine out of service when the good wu's are being served, but with these wu's I don't feel bad about it at all. I probably won't even notice the production loss of a DC AMD rig being in various stages of heatsink testing. I'll be testing the cooling efficiency of the stock retail, an XP90, an XP90C, a Big Typhoon and an older SLK948-U.

pscout said:
what flags are you running the slow borgs on? Did they get their DGromacs before Sunday? Sat night is when I notices no more DGromacs.

adv and big=on. They very well could have gotten them saturday. I came into work monday morning and noticed that they were crunching on the dgromacs, whereas my fast rig had the 2306.

muddocktor said:
Well, I guess this means that it will be a good time to take one of my DC machines down and start doing some heatsink testing with it and not worry about missing out on some good DGro work when I get in from the rig tonight. I always feel a little guilty when I take a machine out of service when the good wu's are being served, but with these wu's I don't feel bad about it at all. I probably won't even notice the production loss of a DC AMD rig being in various stages of heatsink testing. I'll be testing the cooling efficiency of the stock retail, an XP90, an XP90C, a Big Typhoon and an older SLK948-U.

I love my big typhoon. Right now I have one on a p4 506(2.66) @ 4260 w/1.5v. Im folding and the max cpu temp I see is 47 degrees.

My 4 Pentium 4 machines all have 2306 and my 2 AMD machines have 2106. My points are down by 1/3. Lots of points are nice but the research is more important.

i was rockin' tons of dgromacs and they were doin' awesome on my fileserver(3.4ghz p4) better than a single QMD(however, I went from 3GB/s mem to 4.8GB/s membandwidth since then). I was getting like 370ppd on that thing...but luckilly I've got a few 364 pointers saved up from sneakernetting and with one of those and a 2306 she does 330ish.

But yeah, I get nothing but these now, every once in a while I get a 364 pointer(mmmm yummy, 150ppd on my 2.3ghz celey lol :D), but after I get all excited like, YAY, i'll dl some more for my sneakernet rigs, bam, next one's a 2306. :temper:

Anyway, Fold On!

the garynator said:
But yeah, I get nothing but these now, every once in a while I get a 364 pointer(mmmm yummy, 150ppd on my 2.3ghz celey lol :D), but after I get all excited like, YAY, i'll dl some more for my sneakernet rigs, bam, next one's a 2306. :temper:

Anyway, Fold On!

I have a tueleron 1300 running 1733 now that will get 190ppd on the 364 pointers. It is doing 95ppd now on p2391 worth 591 points.

Back