• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

630 to dual core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

delman

I was reading and was wondering will I notice much of a difference going from a 630 to either a 900 series or 800 series processor with my video editing? I use adobe premeire and it is a multi threaded program. Also I have been reading about the new conroe coming out and It sounds like it will be worse for editing since it is slower and what they are doing does not look like it would improve performance in this area. Or will it be able to out do what is currently out?

Thanks,
Brian

you should notice a different, at the very least your gonna notice a difference in multitasking. I did the same you are thinking about, 630 -> 820 and frankly I'll never go back to a single core processor

I have another question too since both series are dual core. What does the 65nm core do over the 90nm? Is it that it runs cooler? I think I saw that some where. I am asking since on benchmarks I have seen show them running at about the same speed.

not only do they run cooler, as a result they also oc higher. I too do a lot of video editing and let me tell you it sure is a blessing to have a 3.56 ghz 820d doing my work. Upgrading from my old 2500+ barton its a huge step up
(having a 74 gig raptor and double the ram size and speed doesnt hurt either ;)

I also have a 630 running as a spare computer good little chip running at 3.7 for me with a coolermaster silent fan

Back