• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 pro help fast please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N1NJA

I just got my 9800 pro off newegg after being delayed for a week and I installed the actual card right, but the driver won't install. Everything else like the control panel will install, but nothing will work because the driver won't install. It says something about installing a basic vga driver first? What is that?

Fic AU13

I'm downloading the 6.2 drivers now incase that is the problem, for some reason

Try to find the 4.12 Drivers, they WILL make your 9800Pro perform better than newer ones, I've tested it.

If you need a copy, PM me, but please only do so if you cannot find them yourself.

Ok, I'll look for those after I can get it working atleast, I'd rather have it working not at full speed than not at all.

Ok it didn't work. It says "Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter witha standard VGA driver before running setup." What does it mean?

What OS are you using? Never seen that error, but I dunno, may be it could have to do with the WIndows (assuming that's what your using) default display driver.

Running XP. After a trip to google it seems many people are getting this error, which seems to be XP-only -.-

N1NJA said:
Running XP. After a trip to google it seems many people are getting this error, which seems to be XP-only -.-

Might wanna look into that, figure out if anyone had solved the problem, may be post in teh Microsoft section of the forums for additional help.

heh, i've had that error recently, you gotta install the VGA adaptor drivers, as in the actual slot the card rests in, open up your device manager and do a scan for hardware changes or whatnot and xp should automatically install the vga adaptor

Back