• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Hotter than Expected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipersfate

I have a stock Gateway MIDWAY Series case. It's tiny, cramped, and well, small. I just installed a new HSF combo, which lowered my CPU temps by 10 all around. I have horrible airflow issues, and my video card Idles at 59C. I used of course OCZ 5 thermal compound on my video card and processor. I'm looking into buying a new case and some new air cooling components. I am a college student that really cant afford much..so basically 40 $ is the limit on any component (hopefully 40 all together) But i'm slightly flexible.

Basically I need a nice Mid-Tower case that is large enough for some 120s and other items. I don't need a PSU, I don't need super duperness, I just was looking for a good airflow, low cost, decent sturdiness but I'm willing to compromise on either of those aspects.

Any suggestions on how to cool down? I have a 92mm case fan, and well, thats it, I have no front fan ports..I live in the midwest so its cold outside now, but I'm leaving my windows open until I can cool this baby down. Thanks

BTW: Pentium 4 Prescott 478 3.0Ghz, Nvidia 6600GT, 1 80GB and 1 40 GB HDDs.'

Thanks in advance!

Vipersfate said:
Nice site, but those prices are way out of my range. Thanks anyway!

np, thought there were some low stuff in there, also give www.pricegrabber.com a try for general price/item finding, it's worth a shot.

Then again, I've even seen people use no case, or make a case out of duct tape and cardboard LOL, pretty ghetto stuff.

EDIT: Found one! http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811127069

I was originally gonna get this case, but never did. But, a guy from here has several of that case, and he likes it a lot, that member is CCAUxABIDExORxDIE in case (lol) your interested.

Thanks, I didn't think about pricegrabber, or not using any case. lol. Thanks for the information!

Check my edit, posted a case. It supposedly a good case, and I liked it from what I saw in the pictures, especially the side intake.

BTW, with any case you get, shipping is gonna slam you, it's annoying.

Yah It is. I put an offer on ebay from a store in CA. i think that case is too small for my mobo and all the crap I have LOL. But I'm going to think about it. I have a tiger direct store near me, but all their stuff is junk, i've seen it all and they charge too much for cases that are cheaper elsewhere

Thanks!

Back