• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new window (custom made)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

This is suposed to be the end of a worklog but I was so wrapped up in the work I forgot to take middle pics... I was going to post this on my site but its having some problems right now and I just finished it up and wanted some feedback. Here are some pics of the finished product.

I was going for a industrial feel, and I liked the way the stock lian li windows look so I decided to merge those two ideas.

This is my first case mod and I am VERY happy with the results. It took about 2 days, tell me what you guys think.

windowmod0017kz.jpg

windowmod0026hb.jpg

windowmod0047jn.jpg

windowmod0059sk.jpg

windowmod0092yo.jpg

windowmod0125ww.jpg

TYVM guys, makes me feel good that people like it, makes me want to do more XD

I think its pretty ownage for my first try, I took my time, measured thrice and cut once ;) Now I just need my PSU to arrive and then I'll slap my opty into there and have some real fun!

Next mod will be much easier, just adding another 80mm in the back of the case.

Very nice! A little yellow sleeving on the "naked" wires and everything will match :)

And, don't forget to take some pics of how you cut a second hole in the back for another 80mm fan. I've been meaning to get around to that on my own PC-61, but it would be nice to watch someone else do it first!

Lookin good Nevalite!! I'm likin that case!! Finally found some ram mushkin redline, hopefully it runs good :p

Hey Klink thanks and congrats on the ram, my sitew should be back online asap!

I dont even know what a plasma torch is so :D

I will post the cutting of the fan, i dont think its all that complicated ;)

Looks awsome, love the industrial look myself.

This isn't criticism, but maybe some suggestions--it might be me, but it looks like a little bit of shiny aluminum is showing from the cutting along the edge. If its just reflection from all that shiny plastic window, well then ignore. But you could consider finishing the edge with a little touchup black paint. Or maybe even C edging.

I might find a place to tuck away that long SATA cord when you finish building it.

Finally, I'm a big fan of tinted windows, have you considered maybe a very light silvery tint?

Again, tho, looks great, a great matching mod for a such a classy case.

navig

your job is very clean and professionnal. Nothing else to say, it rocks!

What's your case btw?

Excellent job, I am about to cut my PC71B window soon, what tools did you use? I only have a dremel and I am terrified I won't be able to get it looking very clean.

I am liking that look.

Once I got to looking at it. I thought to myself.. self that would look killer with the bolts yellow to compliment the innards.

1.jpg

Back