• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone use the Nexus 3.5" Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White_Pawn

Title says it all.

Does anyone have any personal experience with the Nexus 3.5" Fan controller. the one that will fit in a floppy bay.

I am looking for a small controller on the cheap and this seems to fit my budget. All opinions please.

Yes, I have one in my system as we speak. It fits in a 3.5" drive bay which is the same as a floppy drive.

-GearShift3r

it works fine. I could personally do without the LED's. DMM measured down to 6v when cranked to lowest, so make sure your fan will start at that voltage if you intend to use it. I've got a Sunon and Delta that don't start at 6v. Some other fans start at 6.5v but from what I've measured, this tends to be more at 5.9-6.1 than higher on the 6v.

I have had one for more than a year now and it's been fine, no problems. I got it mainly to control the noise from my Delta FFB and I've had no problems with starting, but I don't run my fans at minimum volts either.

im not exactly sure what voltage i was running my fans when i used this, but it never gave me any problems. I would use it again, but i switched to a sff and theres no need for a fan speed controller since the case is soo small it doesnt have any fans!

i installed one for a friend in his computer... its a cool little controler. I cant complain for the lack of rpm or temp monitoring in an lcd like my Super Flower fan master cus it just doesnt have the space. it also works very well for getting fans down pretty low. only commplaint i have is that it lags about 1 second to change the voltages. If its at full and you turn it to half it lags for a second before it changes the voltages.

i have one i bought from frys and it works fine in my system. Controls 4 of my fans that I have running in m p180. I have the same 1/2 second lag for the fan to catch up to the controlller, but it doesnt bother me. For 20 bux it can have a little lag for all i care, its a fan controller!

I use the Vantec Nexus in a 3.5 bay. I have had it about a year now and it works fine, plus it has a cold cathode inverter also. Controlls 3 fans and seems to run them at minimual voltage. It will actually run fans at higher voltages than my mobo b/c it seems to spin them faster. I am happy with it and only cost $15USD.

Back