• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok.. overclocking 1800xt and 1900xtx outside of CCC SUCKS!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eightballrj

I don't know what is the deal. I cannot run 3d05 at 690/800 with ATI Tool versions 12 or 14 with my darn 1900xtx! But, CCC I just slide them to max and everything is PERFECT!! I have disabled and renabled hotkey polley and ati smart so many times its not funny trying different setups. I always use ATI Tool to run the card at max fan speed and 1.4v core just so I know I won't error out in games at those speeds. I can run stock voltages and stock fan speed at those speeds in CCC with great stability too (bf2 for hours). I am at a loss as to why I have so much issue with this. When I try to go higher than 700/800 in ATI Tool everything locks with 1.4/2.1/2.1 even... I KNOW this card doesn't have any issue with ten mhz over what CCC auto sets at. Am I missing something??

Thanks!

Richard

check out my thread (link in my signature). That might give you some help. I have no idea what the problem is, however I know you don't need that much voltage to run your ram at 800. I can run mine at 810 using 2.050 and I only have an XT. Try backing off the memory voltage.

I looked back at my voltages and I am actually only at 2.086(stock XTX voltage) on the memory. So thats not the issue<shrugs>. Thanks for your help.

Richard

eightballrj said:
Hey John you got any ideas on my woes? 'preciate it!

Richard

I wish they were all this easy lol.

When you disable the Hot Key Poller Service, which you want to do when using ATItool to OC the card, you are disabling the split 2D/3D core clocks, ATI OverDrive and the BIGGIE...2D/3D split Vcore.

You are trying to run high 3D core clocks with the low (about 1.15 if memory serves) 2D Vcore. You have to manually increase the Vcore to 3D levels (1.40 stock for XT/XTX cards) before you increase the core clock with the HKPS disabled.

Note to the disabling the HKPS also kills the cold shutdown bug too.

Viper

Back