• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow what do I do now? Regarding APC Backup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

So I was running a prime95 torture test and all of a sudden my ups backup starts beeping so I turn off the APC. Then, I turn it back on, and my power supply catches fire! :bang head Now what am I supposed to do? The powersupply is for sure dead. It's an Antec Truepower 430. The APC backup is model number BX1000 and it is still under factory warranty according to www.apc.com Is it true that if something like this happens, they will replace it for you? Cause now my APC backup is a gonner and so is my powersuppy. I don't even know for sure if it took the motherboard with it or not. :eh?:
What should I do? ahh :bang head :shrug:

Well I went out and bought the same power supply I had before and put it in my rig. Went to power it on and smoke started coming from the board around the cpu socket area. :eh?: Ughhhh. I contacted APC and it's going to be about three weeks before anything happens with my claim. I guess I just had real bad luck. :bang head :bang head

Was it under warrenty? Also all APC units come with some sort of protection insurance to your system.. They gonna reimberse you for the PSU and giver you a new APC unit?

CGR said:
Was it under warrenty? Also all APC units come with some sort of protection insurance to your system.. They gonna reimberse you for the PSU and giver you a new APC unit?

Yes it was under warranty and I have filed a claim through APC. The only thing is, it is going to take a minimum of two weeks before I receive the paperwork from APC to file my claim. Then I have to pay to have my malfunctioned APC unit shipped to them (this thing weighs atleast twenty pounds) and then they will determine if the APC backup unit was at fault or not. If it was then they said they will reimburse me for all damages which would be the powersupply, the motherboard, and the processor. Also, a new APC unit has already been shipped to me from APC and will be here friday. I really hope that they determine that it was the APC unit's fault, if it wasn't then I have to try to go through Antec as the powersupply was still under warranty.

Back