• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any comments on ZZF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

proth

Placed my 1st order with ZZF today. Free 2nd day air. I'm sure people have their horror stories and good stories, But us there anything to watch out for with ZZF.

Any problems with their RMA process.

The chick on the answering machine sounds really hot, but tried to call 5 times and never spoke to a human. Message stated "All our representatives are busy" which probably means the guy running the mail order wharehouse is eating his egg roll 'cause it's lunchtime

I've ordered several times from ZZF, always online, and no problems with any of my orders. I always check them out and see if they have a better deal than the egg due to them still having quite a few items with free 2nd day shipping. Last month I got a good deal on some Z-5500's from them; they were $40-50 cheaper than anyone else and their shipped price was cheaper than what Newegg was trying to sell them for before adding shipping.

Well, I'll be the bad experience.
I ordered an eVGA Mobo/7800GTcombo from them in December. When I received it, it had already been opened and the motherboard in the box did not have the same serial as the box itself. I immediately requested an RMA. Took them until January to give me an RMA number. Sent it out, and they sent me a new mobo that works fine.
They have good prices, but my experience with their RMA service was just terrible.
I could try and gloss over the slow RMA service with the fact that it was around the holiday season, but that is no excuse. Companies should be working especially hard around the holdiday season...

I've ordered many times from ZZF and have never had a bad experience. I haven't had to RMA anything through them yet, knock on wood, so I have no experience in that department.

Ive been ordering from them lately because of fedex and 2nd day free shipping. Ive never had any problems with them. I browse at the egg for whatever I want, check the reviews then come to zzf and order.. that simple. Ups just doesnt cut it for me and Im not going to pay extra to use them either.

I've ordered from them since they were known as "GoogleGear.com" and they have always had as good or even better service as Newegg.
I, in fact, ordered most of the rig in my sig from them, because they have the best prices and free 2 Day shipping!

As far as RMA's ...I have had to deal with 3 I think so far over the years. All three of them were completed VERY quickly. With my PSU fiasco they actually helped me out even a little further. I originally had ordred an Enermax 620W Liberty...The first one did not work. And of course, since I had just gotten in all of the components for my new rig, i didn't want to wait any longer than absolutely needed. So they let me do a "cross-ship" where I gave them my credit card # and they sent out the replacement PSU and then credited back when they got the bad one.
(well it turned out, to no fault of ZZF, that the replacement did not work either. It was due to an aparent incompatibility with the Enermax Liberty 620W and the DFI Expert MB. But the credit for that PSU was given quickly also.)
The other was an AMD XP 2600+ that I ordered a long time ago. It's been a while, so i don't remember exactly what happened....but I think I ordered the wrong Core or soemthing....I dunno......but I called them up and they said no problem and took it back and quickly gave me the correct one.

proth said:
The chick on the answering machine sounds really hot, but tried to call 5 times and never spoke to a human. Message stated "All our representatives are busy" which probably means the guy running the mail order wharehouse is eating his egg roll 'cause it's lunchtime
I remember that when I called for my RMA, the chick on the phone sounded hot also :)
And as far as them not answering...I've never had a problem like that....I have called them for all my RMA's and also once to ask a question/order. And always got a quick response. (maybe it WAS eggroll time!) and MAN does an eggroll sound good :)

I think one of the best things I can say about ZZF is the fact that they use Fedex (unlike mr. Eggy) Fedex almost always gets things to me faster than they quote (unlike UPS which I see through tracking will sit in their shipping facilities for more than a day instead of getting delivered earlier. Not that I've ever had a LATE delivery....but I really appreciate the fact that Fedex takes that extra Step)

And then to top it off....ZZF usually gives the lowest price on the web AND gives you free 2Day fedex with most things.
And even the heavier items for which they couldn't possibly offer free 2Day, Are usually fairly cheap.

So that's my "Reach Around" (sorry for those that don't get what that means) for ZZF....I like them a lot and like to praise them a lot :)
mayhbe the only bad thing I could think of for them is that sometimes the availability isn't always there. As in: they don't always have the range of selection as newegg does. Like I couldn't order my Crucial memory from them, because they don't carry crucial branded products. But on the things they do carry....they offer awesome prices and awesome service to boot!

yeah what bf2 said is something I do a lot....I'll go to the egg and read their cust. reviews and stuff...and then goto ZZF and get a better price and SUPERIOR shipping :)

BTW>..i think it's so wierd that they switched to UPS only. UPS must have offered them quite a deal or something...because it seems that I'm not the only one that finds that Fedex does a FAR better job as opposed to UPS.

I ordered an 850xtpe from them and it died a few days later so I RMA'd it and the card they sent back, the bar that connects to the case on the card by the ports was bent down to the card but I bent it back and the card worked fine.

i used to order alot from zzf like jivetrky id been a customer since the googlegear days. i dont order from them anymore because i get tired of placing my order then having it show its all processed and ready to go and then they dont ship it for another day still (basicly 2nd day from zzf = ups or fedex ground from newegg if you order before 2pm) zzf does have a decent amount of products to choose from and do get things out fairly quickly but id rather spend a dollar or 2 more at the egg for their stellar service. the guys there will bend over backwards to help you and keep you staisfied and have reps who frequent the forums here you can contact and get some easy 1 on 1 help

a good example happend just the other day. i contacted one of the newegg reps here on the forums with a problem i had with a product i bought 3 months ago. i didnt want to simply rma the product as its known to go bad and some people are on their 3 or 4th kit of this particular memory. he took a look at my account and made a one time exception for me so i could rma the product for a full refund at the original purchase price (over 90 days later!) to me this shows that the egg still has a "heart and soul" when dealing with loyal customers (ive spent alot over the past couple years) as their refund poicly says it must be within 30days but they were still able to accomadate me (i had asked for a partial refund or possibility of exchange for diffrent memory as the kit i had is notorious for failing)

Last edited:
I've never had that problem with them. I've had stuff ordered at 3pm, ship out that day before. Like my graphics card I just ordered, should be here friday, but is scheduled for Thursday delivery a full, a day ahead of schedule

WOW... Thanks for all the feedback guys.. Ordered early on Feb 28th, as of March 1st evening, (2 complete working days later), it's showing up as "Packed".. My Zalman also took 2 days to process before a tracking number was assigned. Guess it's the prce to pay for getting the lowest price. Too bad they aren't like Tiger Direct which ships the same day albeit at a premium price. Ahhh, it will not matter in a week anyway cause I'll have the merchandise. Just glad to hear No horror stories..Thanks again

proth said:
WOW... Thanks for all the feedback guys.. Ordered early on Feb 28th, as of March 1st evening, (2 complete working days later), it's showing up as "Packed".. My Zalman also took 2 days to process before a tracking number was assigned. Guess it's the prce to pay for getting the lowest price. Too bad they aren't like Tiger Direct which ships the same day albeit at a premium price. Ahhh, it will not matter in a week anyway cause I'll have the merchandise. Just glad to hear No horror stories..Thanks again

Glad you got lucky. Hope you don't have to deal with ZZF on an RMA. I bought a mobo from them. No POST. Get an RMA from them a few weeks later. Took several emails to get anything resembling a useful response. I think that they sent me the same mobo back. Then ended up RMAing the board to the manufacturer. I was truly tired of the BS. The manufacturer replaced the BIOS chip, it now works well. After spending over $20 on shipping for two RMAs I really don't think that the "free" second day air was all that "free" . ZZF has joined CompUSA (over rebates) in the "they can kiss my a$$ club". I really *do* hope that your experience is better than mine.

that's so weird...I mean I don't want to keep repeating myself ....but in the 15 or so orders I've made with ZZF in the last few years I've always had same/next day ships and nothing but excellent service
ah well...I guess everyone can't be pleased by everyone?

jivetrky said:
that's so weird...I mean I don't want to keep repeating myself ....but in the 15 or so orders I've made with ZZF in the last few years I've always had same/next day ships and nothing but excellent service
ah well...I guess everyone can't be pleased by everyone?

Woke up this morning and amongst the 42 emails that came in last night was a message from Fedex that my order was picked up last night @ 5:28PM..My status still says "Packed". I guess they are correct in saying next day ship, either that or there is a zzf mole lurking around on the board and heard me whining. Wonder if it will arrive Friday or if Fedex delivers Saturday. Can't wait to get this baby installed in my system:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=610064

By the way I never overclock my systems or run higher voltages specified by the manufacturer and will never take the chance of violating the manufacturer's warranty.

see..ya can't doubt the fly :)
proth said:
By the way I never overclock my systems or run higher voltages specified by the manufacturer and will never take the chance of violating the manufacturer's warranty.
Just how DO you overclock a joystick, anyway? :)

glad to hear they got it out for you. i got tired of ordering on a monday afternoon/evening and having them ship it out wednesday. maybe they only did that to me but it happend on pretty much every order i placed there (probably 20-30 orders i made through zzf total before i moved on)

Back