• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I also posted ythis in the CPU area. Please help with P5WD2 P!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Category 5

I am running stock right now...to diagnose the issue.

Memory is PQI 2GB DDR666 and I memtested at both OCed 3.75 and stock speeds (ram is stock speeds). 24hr no errors.

XP Pro-SP2. All seemed well. I installed my C and D drive on the primary ITE8211 port 1. During diskeeper defrag (auto) which was running SUPER SLOW on drive D, I got the message "windows delayed write failed. The file D:/*mft. could not be written and the data was lost."

I thought this might be because perhaps a defrag was happening when I changed the D drives letter to D from F (DVD drives claimed D and E). This has never been a problem but I suspected maybe a defrag was happening and I screwed up.

So I instaleld D into another PC (the old tried and true 3.4) and defragged it there and ran checkdisk. All seemed well. I put it back into the P5WD2 machine and auto defrag came around again...also SUPER SLOW. The drive light was blinking for a half second ever other second (unlike the normally constant red light). So I opened diskeeper to see if progress was happening...slow, but yes although unusual compared to my old PC. ...then, again I got the delayed write failed message...same file D:/*mft.

I did a thorough test of the drive, actually hoping the answer was a drive failure, but it check out...even at the thorough 3 hour sector test from Maxtor tools.

Now I am worried. What could this be? I need this PC to be 100% as it is my work computer. I am afraid to install my drive back into this PC. I got another round IDE cable, in case that was the problem, but there is really no way to test a cable. Either way, the cable was new.

Any ideas? I am in that freaky, heart racing panic place I know many of you know all too well!

Thanks!

Back