• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there webcam software that can... ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chixofnix

is there webcam software that can display the input from the webcam on the desktop in windows.. like an active wallpaper? I'd just love it if this were possible...

especially at a high resolution (~1024x1280) and high framerate... then it'd be like a mirror! :D

please tell me if this is possible and what sort of webcam/software would be required to make it happen, thanks ^_^

at one point i saw a friend's computer that some high-end version of windvd could play a DVD or movie file as an active background like that, with sound and everything, stretched or not, and all the desktop icons would stay on top...

he also had one of those windows tweaks on that made windows transparent partially at the pressing of a key combination, so he could set his computer to play an entire season of some show in the background, and he'd multitask watching that and reading/surfing online at the same time... kinda mind boggling just to watch, but he really liked that system...

anyway, it seems possible for some software out there to do this, but has it been done at all??

resurrecting an old dead thread here with the hopes that something has developed in this area... so... anyone else know something now?

i think it would make a webcam a lot more useful, if it were in use 24/7 instead of just during some chats on skype ^_^

I'm not sure about Webcam software, but I do know that ATI AIW SW will allow the TV Tuner video to be displayed as the background. I know thats not what you are looking for, but it is an idea.

Back