• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will this pre o/c setup work ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

txheart

Registered
I'm putting together my first AMD system. I have never o/c prior and have been reading tons of info on it. system as is Epox EP-9NPA+ultra mobo and an AMD Operton 165 CPU.Yet to order ; Enermax Liberty 620 watt psu and was thinking of going w/ 2 (1Gb sticks) of Corsair XMS twin xp 2048 DDR 400 PC3200 memory. I looked at Mushkin, however, I will be doing some PC modding and the Corsair has the lighted LED modules.I read an article that said to bump the CPU bus speed up one notch from default and repeat until system will not boot. then drop to highest speed that worked, then go to multiplier settings and increase by 1 until highest setting that will work is found. I read that the Corsair memory has to be manually set to 2-3-3-6 and if voltage is raised from 2.75v to 2,85 that it will perform very nicely. Does this sound correct? If I do the above steps, will I need to do anything to my mobo? I know this Epox board has an automatic o/clocking feature built in. p.s. I have a Zalman 9500 cpu cooler. That should keep my cpu cool , I think. :)

Last edited:
Pass on the epox and get the asrock sataII. I would look into the forton bluestorm or an OCZ psu. Power is the most important thing about overclocking other then ram, mobo, cooling, and cpu. Reason I say the asrock instead of epox is due to the epox wasn't released to support 2X CPU'S it was a bios update if I recall.

Back