• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8R32-MVP Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, there has been talk about it, but until you posted your link, there hasn't been any place to get it in the US.

That price is super gouging...according to the Anandtech prereview of the RD580 chipset, Asus has stated that the suggested retail for this board should be in the $120-$150 price (after the initial frenzy).

We are currently in the "initial frenzy" mode. Or at least the good folks at ZZF hope that we are.

I want one, but not bad enough to pay double for it, so I'll wait. I also want to see what DFI produces using the RD580.

There should be some fun times ahead, though, as this new ATI chipset appears to be a capable rival to the NF4...and by some early results, maybe superior.

thye get the price donw to ~100-150 and then i will talk about it but most people are NOT going to spend $200+ on their motherboards, not even me.

Here is a review posted over at vr-zone. Good, but not the greatest. More reasons to wait for the DFI and Abit board...as if nearly $300 for a mobo wasn't enough of a reason.

http://www.vr-zone.com.sg/?i=3256&s=16

Article Quote:

"In terms of overclocking, this board does a pretty good job topping out at 325MHz HTT. Hiowever, with the annoying bug of the BIOS overclocking mentioned earlier in this review and the lower HTT acheived on this board compared to it's competitors, I would not call this board an overclocking Champ. It managed to overclock a Dual Core X2 higher than the ASUS A8R MVP, but falls short of the CPU overclock potential of the DFI RDX200. With a limited maximum CPU voltage of 1.55v and Memory voltage of 3.2v, this closes the door to record-high clock speeds and shoos off the hardcore overclocking community."

Sorry for my departure. When I posted this I was writing a technology preview for the Crossfire Xpress 3200 chipset and wanted to pop in and see what the buzz was in the underground communities. I was one of only 12 people at the ATI Tech day in California all last week. Where I write we will not do a review in a week because it does not give us enough time with the product. I would link you guys up but my Editor is sitting on his thumb or something.

Here are my thoughts on the Asus board so far. Stable, OC's great, it is everything that the Nforce boards are...and that is the problem. NForce has already built a brand name and if you are an enthusiast you have an NForce board and atleast one NVidia GPU. I look for ATI to get have a chance to regain some of the market share for this area when Socket AM2 comes out.

until asus understand that alot of enthausiasts want to put more than 1.55v through their processors these boards will appeal to only those looking for stable and moderate overclocks.

maybe they don't care and this is the market segment they want?

No title

I've just gotten this mobo.. It's pretty sweet! I really like the ALC882 onboard sound! It's really crispy and all good :D

It ocs pretty ok.. I'm not a diehard hardcore overclocker or anything, but I'm satisfied!

It works perfectly with a 20pin to 24pin converter running 400W, no issues there! But until later I only have a X300 gfx, but I hope it will be enough.

Overall I don't have an issues with it. It's a damn good mobo!

Last edited:
Back