• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What board is nice and stable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IrelandMadMan

Hi there :)

I have a dfi lanparty NF4 and to be honest its been trouble from day one. I do enjoy playing with settings and learning the ins and outs of things but to be honest I am sick of wasting time with this board, it is just 2 unpredictable. It could run sweet for say 2 weeks then decide to play up for a week, then throw up the odd blue screen, slow boot times blaaa blaaa :)

Now I just want a stable system starting with a good stable motherboard.

What should I go for?

I had in mind an MSI NF4? Not that i know they are great, im guessing. Ive built a few systems in the past using msi's and they havent gave bother, infact I would go as far to say that my DFI Nf4 is the only board that has ever gave me major trouble, my nf2 is a gem, the nf4 is a dog.

Whats the board for me?

that's a pretty broad question. Do you overclock? Sure, you could always go for a second rate MSI, gigabyte or Epox. *shrugs*
maybe you should be focusing more on why it's acting ugly.

Do you know what revision your board is?
It's too bad your having problems with your set up. I've got 2 ultra-d's and haven't had problems from day one. Just a little tweakin' is all it takes...

Have you tried solutions from Abit or Asus? Both companies make solid, stable boards and generally overclock pretty well. The best board for LGA 775 overclocking right now is from Asus, and the Abit NF7-S was one of the best for overclocking on the Socket A platform. I switched from DFI because of the same problems you seem to be having, and I haven't at all been disappointed in Abit.

This is the first time I have built a system without an asus mobo those are rock solid and customer support is good. So I would have to recomend an asus you cant go wrong with those. I was having the same problem as you with my dfi but after playing with the settings for a few days im running nice and stable.

See my problem is that I will find decent settings, it will run fine for a few weeks then do a U turn. I understand that boards like these need fine tuning, but this is a joke.

Anyway, I gonna give it another shot and see what happens, maybe try a different bios again.

Goodluck

from the luck ive had with them and the support ive recieved from the company id recommend ASUS myself
one time one of mine had a problem rma consisted of calling them saying it didnt work getting an rma# and recieving a new board a few days later(like they didnt even check it out and just sent me a new one lol)

never had a huge problem with any asus board ive owned

Back