• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

photo gallery software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a program that can make nice professional looking photo galleries. Something that can be implemented into a web site easily. I would like to find something free, but if there is a nice paid version that works well I will do that.

Thxs

I know my web host has mysql installed, but I don't think it has php :(. Plus I'm not familiar with either of them. But coppermine looks like I was wanting, something along those lines.

cornbread said:
I know my web host has mysql installed, but I don't think it has php :(. Plus I'm not familiar with either of them. But coppermine looks like I was wanting, something along those lines.

Either was I. I just followed the instructions and I was ok. Your host most likely has php installed. Pretty much all hosts have MySql and Php installed. They should probably also have cpanel installed where you can make the modifications or phpmyadmin.

i would go with gallery 2 seeing also i have the exact same hosting plan as you have. i believe u need to install it just call go daddy up and explain what you need and there very helpfull and will tell you exactly what to do

roYal said:
Either was I. I just followed the instructions and I was ok. Your host most likely has php installed. Pretty much all hosts have MySql and Php installed. They should probably also have cpanel installed where you can make the modifications or phpmyadmin.

Mysql/asp is what I have...bah, I know nothing about that, just basic html.

Amarkarian said:
i would go with gallery 2 seeing also i have the exact same hosting plan as you have. i believe u need to install it just call go daddy up and explain what you need and there very helpfull and will tell you exactly what to do

I just checked out G2, looks good also, BUT it requires php also.

Ok, I was able to switch from asp to php with godaddy, so hopefully I can get one of these up and running. Thanks guys for the info.

go daddy Comes with php, wich i said before, i have the same exact plan for my website and i am running a forum, and gallery 2. if ur not sure u have it call them up. i did.

Amarkarian said:
go daddy Comes with php, wich i said before, i have the same exact plan for my website and i am running a forum, and gallery 2. if ur not sure u have it call them up. i did.

Yeah I did call them, but mine didn't have php, don't know why. I just check and they have it installed now, with a bunch of other things that come pre-installed, one of them being coppermine, haven't tried it yet.

I think the reason I didn't have php is because I was on a Windows server, now its on Linux.

Ok I ran coppermine, like I said it came with the switch to the Linux server, very nice software. I also just installed the Gallery software, so far I am liking that, still working on how to customize it, but seems very user friendly once you get it installed, I had errors when I installed it the first time :p.

cornbread said:
Ok I ran coppermine, like I said it came with the switch to the Linux server, very nice software. I also just installed the Gallery software, so far I am liking that, still working on how to customize it, but seems very user friendly once you get it installed, I had errors when I installed it the first time :p.

Hey, glad to hear you got it installed! Let me know if you need any help with it.

Back