• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux HDD visable in Windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

I was wondering. I have an old 20GB Notebook drive that was pulled out of a dead Notebook, I since scrapped it; but kept the HDD cause I have important files on it.

So Is their anyway to make the laptop drive visable in my windows install? I already have the hardware to plug the laptop drive in my Desktop but windows won't reconize it.

There is actually another driver I use at home.. sorry I don't have the name but it is so seamless when installing. I will look for the name, for you.

Forget what I just said, thats the seamless one :). It works great but if you are using an enclosure you might run into issues.

Okay the software can see the drive, and I can designate letters to them and they appear under My Computer, but when i try to open them it wants to format the drives. Am I missing something here?

The Partitions are all showing up correctly under diskmanagment, and Im using EXT3

But Windows knows that they are partioned into its oike 5gb, and 15 gb (plus swap) but under My Computer it thinks that it is 0K just cause its not NTFS or FAT.

Any Ideas? Im way bumbed out.

okay so windows sees them fine, but can't relate them to EXT partitions, they come up as raw for some reason. Is their anyways to force them to run EXT? I've tired installing the drivers twice now, and I've rebooted once.

heres what I get uner the IFS drives utility, Local Disk Properites, and Disk Managment.
Untitled-1.jpg

Let us all add that to our bookmarks for quick recall next time someone asks us to do this same thing down the road. ;)

Back