• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anti-Corrosion Spray?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RicerBoi88

Registered
hi all. i recently noticed that my maze4 gpu block started to corrode and i was wondering if there was anyway i could prevent further corrosion by either sanding the block and then spraying it with anti-rust spraypaint or something. does anyone know if this will work or if its recommended to do this? the only thing im worried about is the paint breaking down in my loop. thanks for your help.

oh, on an unrelated note, does anyone know the best way to paint aluminum? i have an aluminum shroud on my heatercore right now and i wanted to paint it black. would primer and spray paint be the best or would regular spraypaint do? thanks.

Ideally you should replace the top on the maze 4 with acetal or brass. If you could get the top anodized that could help some but all coatings will eventually wear off. How long is eventually? No idea.

i was thinking about getting the top replaced, but for the prices dd sells their tops at i might as well get another waterblock :D i would also like to solve this problem cheaply if thats possible as i dont really have alot of disposible income at the moment. i dont think the paint wearing off will be a problem as i change my fluids every 6 months, so by then ill open up my block and check.

First you can clean the corrosion with some machine oil and a dish washing scotch next to prevent further corrosion just up your antifreeze/water ratio, 10/90 or 20/80 will be enough.

YOu can go with flipMode's suggestion for now, but really you need to replace it. I got my maze4 acetal brand new off of a guy on anandtech for only $40 shipped, so it is also worth checking around and keeping your eyes open.

Back