• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so my girlfriend wants to buy me a lcd monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

She got on this kick that she wants to buy me somthing because i am always buying her stuff. she doesnt have $300 to spend i found this link whould this due? i do a little gaming but my life doesnt revolve around fps. i am more worried about clarity

I wish my fiance would just buy me something like a nice LCD out of the blue. You lucky dog!!! :p

I have the Viewsonic VX924 - If you are into gaming I would recommend it as there is Zero ghosting and an insanely fast response time. As far as color reproduction, I would not recommend it. Again, this is a great gaming monitor but overall picture quality is not the best. Check out my sig for a link to some pictures.

Good luck.

Dom

Since you are not looking to spend over $300 then that looks like the way to go. Anything less than 12ms is decent IMHO when it comes to response time. I think that would be an OK choice. If I see anything worth mentioning I will do so ASAP.

hmmm i got mine on ebay for 180$, an HP 1755 17in LCD and i absolutly love it! its so sleek looking, has the best stand iv seen on an lcd, and has a 6 port usb hub built right onto it :D and the bezels are only about 1/2 in or maybe even a little less thick, so running dual monitors would look amazing. I absolutly love the stand. http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/e...HP L1755 LCD Flat Panel Monitor&lang=en&cc=us theres HP's link for it, the only problem is that it has a 25ms response time. But i dont do that much gaming so i dont really care about a few miliseconds, and for 180$ you cant go wrong

well we went out looking at stores and there were two that really stood out. the samsung 730B and the Nec 1740cx both at ~$240. my girlfriend doesnt like buying things online "i'd rather take it home with me than wait" anyways but i am leaning towards the nec because of its looks and thin benzel. they are both 8ms any comments? i will probably get it tomorrow

Back