• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yoper problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

u2sunstuff

Registered
Forgive my stupid newbie problems ... But I can`t seem to view my windows ntfs partitions ... If you are asking me if they are mounted I`l answer that every mount command I tried gives me "no permision error" ... Even if I`l logged in as root... They seem to be mounted tough as I can see them but whenever I try to acces them an error comes along... Can you help me guyz ? Thanks in advance

Sounds like Yoper's apt-get system is falling behind.

can you?

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

For the partitions, if you use the command:

mount

Do you see the ntfs partitions listed?

well

The partitions are listed, but when I acces them an error comes along to greet me... As for apt-get ..... Failed to fetch or Could not resolve... Any ideas? Oh and another thing, it`s instaled on a ASUS K8N-VM and this board has a Adi AD1986A sound... Well not only that it doesn`t work but I can`t find drivers anywhere.... Lot`s of issues I know.... But I really want to solve them

Last edited:
I solved the partition problem... Can you tell me how to automount them so I don`t have to do that every boot? And by the way, still can`t apt-get anything so I can`t really install any apps :(. And I actually found audio linux drivers on my Asus mobo cd for that Adi Ad1986A same goes for 6100 video drivers... But I have no clue how to install them... I tried the included instructions but doesn`t seem to work

Thanks the automounting by editing fstab works like a charm. Only one problem with that ... The ntfs partitions are mounted as ro even tough I specified rw.... At loading the destro tells me that it can only mount them as ro because something is not installed , is the ntfs writing not clearly implemented yet here? Or I need to install some drivers? And if I`l need to do that won`t I meet the same problems like when trying and failing miserably to install my sound and video drivers? And can anyone else help with the other problems?

apt-get

The apt-get sys had problems because they changed the server links ... the new ones are here http://www.yoper.com/download.php you just need to edit /etc/apt/sources.list --------------- Corection to that, even with these links changed I still get failed errors... Any clues? I`m thinking of moving to another destro right now.... :(

oh and one more thing when I put the lines for mounting at boot windows does`nt start any more... Why is that? When I take them out it works fine

Last edited:
u2sunstuff said:
Thanks the automounting by editing fstab works like a charm. Only one problem with that ... The ntfs partitions are mounted as ro even tough I specified rw.... At loading the destro tells me that it can only mount them as ro because something is not installed , is the ntfs writing not clearly implemented yet here? Or I need to install some drivers? And if I`l need to do that won`t I meet the same problems like when trying and failing miserably to install my sound and video drivers? And can anyone else help with the other problems?
The kernel ntfs driver does not have ntfs write support (well, you can enable support for witing when compiling the kernel, but you can only overwrite files, and you can't change their size). If you want read/write support, take a look at captive-ntfs.

Others

The apt-get sys had problems because they changed the server links ... the new ones are here http://www.yoper.com/download.php you just need to edit /etc/apt/sources.list --------------- Corection to that, even with these links changed I still get failed errors... Any clues? I`m thinking of moving to another distro right now....
---- CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS?

I solved ntfs problem :p

Last edited:
Really guyz apt-get doesn`t work in yoper any other yoper user with this problem? Even with the new links I still get errors and nothing is installed

Back