• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Specs for CPU Fan shipped with P3 866

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozymandes

Does anybody know the technical specs of the CPU Fan shipped in retail box with the Pentium III 866.
I searched the Intel web site and called their support but got nowhere. I am looking for info such as RPM, Max Air flow in CFM, NOISE level in dBA, Power Input in Watts
?
Just want to compare the specs with other fans out there.

Thanks for any help

OZYMANDES

all i know is that is a cruddy heatsink....if its a slot 1 chip go with a Vos32......expect a 15-20 degree drop in temps....if its FCPGA go with the FOP38, or Alpha Pal6035 expect 20 degrees drop in tmeps.....i went from a cruddy 10 dollar heatsink to a VGSO8H and went from 60 degreese load to 43!!!....

Yup it comes with some bad heatsink get a good Dual Alpha if your Slot 1 and if its Socket 378 get the ThermalRight SK-6

Since we are talking about fans

How do you get a CPU fan and heatsink off a PIII 700 retail box ? and where can I get a better CPU cooler. By the way what is the highest temp the CPU should be. (I'm at 47*c at the most)

Depends do you have Slot 1 or Socket 378?

If you have slot 1 its an easy explanation ...

Take your case screw, put it in the holes and push it with a screw driver... Dont apply too much press to the base of the slot thingy or you might snap it...

Socket 378 should be just removing an ordinary heatsink unless Intel did some weird modification like they did to the Slot's.

By the way there's also a guide in the Overclockers database how to remove Slot 1.. If you need diagrams .

The stock fan provided by intel have crappy CFM's (Like 15) they aren't loud at all ... They really suck but they're good fans if your not going to overclock your temperatures should not exceed the 45 Range. So you should be aimin for high 30's and you should change the thermal pad provided by Intel into something like Artic Silver.

Good Luck

Back