• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 64 3700+ San Deigo OC'd @ 2.86GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burnboy

Registered
AMD 64 3700+ San Diego OC'd @ 2.86GHz

Hello, my first time posting here.

Here are my results thus far.

2.86GHz (260x11 @1.5V)

Been running stable with air cooling for 3 months now.

Using Zalman 120mm fan/copper heat sink combo for cooling.

Abit AN8-V Mobo
2X 512GB Corsiar PC3200 dual-channel DDR RAM

overclock.gif

Last edited:
I agree Nice OC.

Y do you have your ram running below spec?

Welcome to the forum's. :welcome:

I'am sure it doesn't run better then 179mhz 3 4 6 10 default.
You cant drop it to around 2.5 3 3 7.

jonspd said:
I agree Nice OC.

Y do you have your ram running below spec?

Welcome to the forum's. :welcome:

You cant drop it to around 2.5 3 3 7.

I didn't realize that about the RAM. The whole RAM settings thing after overclocking confuses me a little. :bang head

I'll try those timings.

Thanks.

I said that alittle backward's.

meant

I'am sure it will run much better then 179mhz with 3 4 6 10.

I would try 2.5 3 3 7 or 2.5 4 4 8 or maybe even 2 3 3 7 if you can pass memtest.

Yeah, I figured as much.

I tried 2.5 3 3 7 and it wouldn't even get past the POST.

I'll try the other timings you suggested.

Presently, I just went into the BIOS and selected DDR466 to OC the RAM and left all the timings on "auto". That resulted in the timings you see in CPU-Z.

What kinda chipset does that board use and what kinda ram is it value select?

jonspd said:
What kinda chipset does that board use and what kinda ram is it value select?

nForce4 chipset

DDR400 RAM

I tried 2.5 4 4 8 and that seems to be working. This time I left the RAM value at DDR400.

memsettings.jpg

I would try 333 divider and 2 3 3 7 and see what you get. may have to use 2.5

Jonspd

OK, that worked.

My RAM frequency dropped from 260.3 to 204.5 MHz.

What's the benefit of this setting vs. the one that gave me the higher clock speed on the RAM.

Faster clock speed not necesarily better here???

well sence you have an idea of what perform's and what doesn't try superpi 1mb test and sandra mem bandwidth test and see which setting is better for you.

Also what MA timing are you using 1T is better.

I'm using 1T. I'll have to run superpi and Sandra to see what's better. I've ran the Sandra test at both settings and the results for both were off the chart (not bad, huh?). I don't recall what the exact number were.

I appreciate all the tips o wise sage of the overclock.
<kneels and gives the "we're not worthy" bow> :D

You should use Sen's burn in guide when you get the time and you should be able to hit 3gigs on those volts.

No problem I decided to take the 266 divider myself sence there is no 333 on this board.

I get around 7,000 in sandra and 29 sec for 1mb of superpi.

I could use a 1:1 which is better IMO if you can use that I would use it. But I would have to change 1T to 2T to get mine stable.

Just play around and see what you like and them be sure to run memtest and prime to make sure it's stable.

Both and Pi and Sandra were faster with the memory set at DDR400 2.5-4-4-8-1T

SuperPi 1MB was a second faster at 29sec.
Sandra was 7304 Int Buff'd and 7251 Float Buff'd. These numbers were about 1000 more than at the DDR333 settings.

I'll keep it at this setting and run memtest and Prime and see how stable it is.

Michael Warren said:
You should use Sen's burn in guide when you get the time and you should be able to hit 3gigs on those volts.

Really?!?!?! I errored reporting the voltage. It's at 1.525V not 1.5V. Don't know if that is a big diff. or not.

Congrat's.

7300 in sandra must be nice you may be able to run 2.5 3 3 7 just check different setting for stability.

What is your ram again corsair what?

Michael Warren said:

Nah. Mine does 3g at 1.575 in the bios, no amout of burn will get it stable, it runs 3d no sweat, but it wont crunch numbers. hate to say, but burn in is a myth imho, ive tried on a tbred b2600, a mobile 2500 and with this chip.

Hmmmm thats funny because I got mines to 3G stable after burning it in for 16 hours for three sessions. Now im pushing for 3.1 stable on air.

Back