• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding a thermaltake big typhoon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyisc00l

Just out of curiousty...has anyone ever modded a typhoon so that you have 2 fans on it, one on top and one rigged to the bottom cuz theres so much friggen clearance since its such a friggen monster...seems like it might work, no?

even if you get a 90mm fan pushin 50cfm...that alone seems like it might cool it 2-6c ?

or better yet, get 2 90MM fans, and connect them through the screw holes, and maybe even angle them a lil for more surface area? or something like that? I may be way out in left field just an idea.

I haven't installed mine yet, but someone who has one now should try it and post some results, either 1 or 2 more fans..or maybe theres a secret flaw to this i dunno. input!

sorry for all the topics I suppose I mighta been able to cut it down to 1 or 2 :p oh well sorry

Last edited:
I removed the stock fan and put a 120mm nexus@ 5v on it :D

One thing you can do to gain a slight increase in performance is to block the small holes that are at the edges of the rims under the fan. You will notice there is a 1cm x 2cm gap on both sides of the heatsink that can be blocked with some foamy material. I gained about 1-2C by blocking them, I'm sure in some other configuration it might affect even more?

Hrm, well I have 2 thermaltake 80cfm 90mm fans...I'm gonna tie em together and make some sort of configuration and see if it helps after I install a regular version first...mideswell, and i got a silverston pushin 115cfm..but to have that at like 80 and then have 2 more pushing 50 would be nice, although it might block airflow as he said, worth a shot tho

Back