• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AOPEN AK79D-400MAX Can It Run 3x512 DC Mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I'm trying to find out if my motherboard would be able to run 3x512MB modules still dual channel mode. The 512MB module I'm after buying is basically 1 of the modules out of my 1GB value pack so the timings are the same. I've posted this on AOPEN's forums but it's like waiting a whole week for a reply that's the problem.

If it can run dual channel mode with 3x512 would I see any extra performance apart from more memory. And what's the best setting for my page file with 1.5GB I'm stumped on that bit.

Many thanks.

Three sticks of 512Mb will not work for dual channel. However, 2x512Mb and 1x1GB or 2x256Mb and one 512Mb should do it.

Dam I don't think I can get the 1gb Single module anymore along with the same timings.

I've no idea that's why I asked it just says in my manual that it says it supports 3gb memory supports 128bit dual channel. Which no I understand means 2 modules working together of the same kind or like what said above 2x512 1x 1gb.

Back