• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a board which supports Intel 65nm and AGP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phoenix '971

Registered
Are there any of these out there?
I plan to get one of those 65nm 3.33 GHz Celerons with 512KB L2 and try my luck for 5.0 GHz. :) It's just that I don't want to buy a new video card all over again. Yes, I'll need to replace my memory, but I want to keep the 3 PCI cards I'm using now.

I'd prefer to avoid board with VIA chipsets, my last experience about 5 years ago left a bad taste in my mouth. I had a board with a VIA693A chipset, it hard locked on my 2-3 times a day, I had crackling sound with my Sound Blaster PCI 128, and so on.

The only overclocking mobo I can think of off-hand that might work is the Asus P5P800 (AGP and regular DDR RAM). Pretty sure I had heard they will support the 65nm cores if you upgrade to the right BIOS. Double check to make sure though.

Ah yes, the P5P800SE will work with the 65nm chips. It's on Asus' list of boards supporting those CPUs, and it'll support dual core too!
Uses AGP, 4 PCI, PC3200, etc. :) Thanks!

Back