• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wife called me today at work............

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glasslicker

and said she wasn't feeling well as she had been at the PC all day and was having hot flashes followed by chills. She had to crank the AC up in the house.I didn't think anything about it and went about my day.

Well, I'm sitting here on the PC and I noticed my legs were really warm. but I'm in a T shirt and almost suffering from chicken skin with AC blowing on me.
It finally dawns on me one of the PC cases is crankin out major heat folding like there's no tomorrow!!!!!! lol

I tried to tell my wife but I was laughing so hard, I had to walk away. I'll let her stew for a day or two and see if she figures it out. :p

Oh this is too good.

I have a H2O rig on my left leg & an air cooled on my right....

Not only is the right leg hotter, but being air cooled, I have to close the
door a bit to keep the noise down so I can sleep !

I also open the window up to let cooler air in & it helps a bit.

LOL, I won't tell G.

:attn:

yeah, I have a nice space heater in my basement that I had shut off the air duct down there and still being relatively warm. "honey, you know, with nowaday's gas price, electric is actually a lot cheaper. and remember, we have gas heating here!!" :D ;)

My rack room has a 200 cfm fan blowing outside air in ... all the air that comes out the door of that room to the basement is warm (unless outside air gets to -10C). It is a storage room and has no hot air ducting.

Basement is nice and toasty this winter ... except when i have to open the door to cool things down :D

Only problem is ... warmer weather will be arriving soon ... 200 cfm fan will get reversed then ... I hope it is enough!

My presscott overclocked still dosn't put off enough heat to warm my room, have to use a space heater and sometimes a woodstove when it gets to cold. It's a small room too just kind of could climate.

tenchi86 said:
My presscott overclocked still dosn't put off enough heat to warm my room, have to use a space heater and sometimes a woodstove when it gets to cold. It's a small room too just kind of could climate.

you need more Borgs.

:)

Even if I did have a farm it would not go in that room. Though I completly I agree with more borgs, sadly I have actually lost my only borgs recently and my pc was offline for like a month so really not getting much folded.

The room where most of my rigs are gets so hot I have to duct air in during the winter from outside. I don't know what I'm going to do when summer comes :shrug:

sno.lcn said:
The room where most of my rigs are gets so hot I have to duct air in during the winter from outside. I don't know what I'm going to do when summer comes :shrug:

I see another one that will be dropping a window AC into his room in the near future, like me. :D

glasslicker said:
and said she wasn't feeling well as she had been at the PC all day and was having hot flashes followed by chills. She had to crank the AC up in the house.I didn't think anything about it and went about my day.

Well, I'm sitting here on the PC and I noticed my legs were really warm. but I'm in a T shirt and almost suffering from chicken skin with AC blowing on me.
It finally dawns on me one of the PC cases is crankin out major heat folding like there's no tomorrow!!!!!! lol

I tried to tell my wife but I was laughing so hard, I had to walk away. I'll let her stew for a day or two and see if she figures it out. :p

Oh this is too good.

Glass, I've had my AC running, off and on, for a few weeks already this year. My heater has been disconnected for 3 years. I found this little program, (F@H) that lets my computer bank heat my tiny apartment.

But then, Tempe is MUCH hotter than Phoenix. :D:D

steve

Wow, we got another guy here in the neighborhood. You, Panda, Ghetto, Warrior, and I that we know of.

I see some frosty adult beverages in our future. :beer:

And, there is someone in Mesa, too. BigAir, and someone else I can't remember.

There is Nathan0490, in the area as well.

They's a whole bunch of us in the valley. We need to have a get-together, and consume mass amounts of adult beverages.

steve

heh.
Back when I had my Barton 2800 Running, I would leave the window half open in the winter and chill it off. my Mom would get mad, and make me close the window. I would still leave it about 1/4 open (below freezing outside) and the room would get hot again. I got yelled at alot for having the window open :p

Back