• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying a storage HD, this the one to go with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhatTheSchmidt

My 74 gig raptor has been almost full for a couple months now and I think a storage drive is in store for me now. I'm thinking 200-250gig , sata for sure, this 16mb cache and 96 bucks for 250 gigs is awesome....any other options out there or should I stick with this one? I read a lot of reviews and people did get dead drives and stuff, but most were happy. Also I don't see the warranty on it...do I have to buy it?

thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144701

96 bucks for a 16mb cache sata WD 250? where could you go wrong?
Wester Digital is who i always buy my drives from, i havent really had a big problem with another company, but i jsut stick with what i know works.

looks like an awsome deal to me

I have always liked Western Digital and always will. I am just using maxtor right now in my main comp, but I have all Western Digital in my server. I think that would be a great choice.

I'm thinking of this same drive, and may even buy more than one. All the features, great dollar/gigabyte value and great user reviews. Buy it from ZipZoomFly for $92.20 including free 3-day shipping. There is also a 320GB version for $122.30. I thought these new WD drives had a 5-year warranty also, or is that just the Raid Editions?

-Rav

Back