• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2-E - New Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamjcl

This is probably a beta, and I so far haven't been able to D/L from the link, but here it is:

Page that comments on it.

D/L link

RangerXLT8 said:
Yep, that DL link is def bad. If I get the bios somehow, I'll host it for everyone!

Thanks...Hope if fixes the high fsb issues, not finding boot rom, sata proplems, etc.. and not just a housekeeping release trying to keep Vcore stable in AUTO mode.

EDIT: @jcl.. nice find man, thanks :)

@ Ranger - I finally got the d/l link to work - its really slow, but it will work.

If its still not working, PM me and I'll email it to you.

EDIT: Try this link. (Have to right click / save as, remember to kill the .txt extension).

Some quick observations are that memory b/w seems a bit better, and now instead of reboots in some cases I will get freezes (less reboots in general).

Also noticed that at high FSB values, where before all I needed to do was up Vcore, now I also have to up PCIv to 1.55 or Prime will error. First time I've really seen PCIv make any diff. Also seems to be a delay at the "USB..." part of POST.

I understand the Marvel controller issue is addressed as well, but I am not using it so don't know.

EDIT: PCI-e voltage clearly is different with this bios - I never had Prime issues at certain FSBs with stock (1.5) PCIe voltage, and now I do, starting around 287 FSB. Going to 1.55v PCIe takes care of the problem instantly, but something is clearly going on differently in this BIOS vs the last 2.

- Chris

Last edited:
Back