• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games Stopping w/High Heat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JBRONCFAN

Registered
Seems my system is locking up, games shutting down and returning to Windows after playing for 15 minutes. Temps go from 50 C at idle to 60 C. Specs are below. Have my AMDXP 2100 running at 2.17, shows up as a 2700. Had to bump the core and ddr voltage up to keep it stable. Is there anything I can do before I have to kick back my overclocking?

better cooling duh! w/c, phase changing, new case, more fans. i need to know what u want to spend before making suggestions

If you suspect it's a heat problem, test it by taking off the side panel and blow air from a desk fan of simular divice into the case.
Play the game and see if it crashes.

Check the heatsink on your video card to make sure it didn't come loose. This exact same thing happened with my stepfathers pc. The mounting pin lost tension and popped out of the hole. It drove me nuts until I noticed by pure luck that the hs was falling off a little.

Great suggestion, I will check the vid card.

All stock cooling. Built it from scratch 2 years ago, always ran solid. 2 fans in front intake, 2 rear exhaust and 1 side fan built into the acrylic window. All wires strategically placed for max airflow, most covered by plastic tubing.

Come to think of it, last week I hit the whole system internally with a ton of compressed air. It was dirty as hell inside and I could have knocked something loose.

Back