• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg: two x800's which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

Just need to know if there somthing i need to know to make this buying decision easier. I have read a lot about how the pci express GTO's are unlockable, I have also headr though that the newer ones are not and buying a connect 3d is a low likelihood of getting unlockable pipes.

As nice as unlockables is right now, im not that concerned with it and i just want a fast 12/16pipe card that is faster than my 6600GT without being retardedly expensive. so these two cards are available from newegg as follows.

$108 - Connect 3d X800GTO Refurbished
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814142052R#sctNav

$145 - Sapphire X800PRO OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102694

I just want somthing pretty cheap i can play with really. the gto is really myfavorite, but im wondering if i should go for the pro, since x800pro cores tend to oc very nicely. what do you guys think?

maybe i should spit up the extra $40 and get the Pro then. thanks for the warning.
what does refurb mean though. returned from customer or from rma?

Last edited:
I would suggest to stay away from refurbished. I bought my x850xt pe from newegg refurbished for $320, and after 3 weeks of use, it crapped the bed. Now Im out that money, a video card, and how much it will cost to replace another card...
I havent looked into the PCI-E x800 cards much, but I think the x800pro would be the best out of those two. If I remember right, the GTO2 is the better option since you can usually flash them to a better card.

Yeah, stay away from the refurb. While the GTO would be better than the Pro, because it can be unlocked and flashed with better success, I wouldnt recommend getting the refurb.

I would get the one dermen suggested. Its only a few more dollors and a much better card.

About a month ago, I was in the market for a couple new cards, one for me and one for a friend. I ended up buying 2 of these from newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102645

Both came unlocked with 16 pipes, and the one I got clocked up to 600/621. My buddies got the slower memory, and would only do about 580/520. If the 850xt would have been that price at the time, I would have got 2 of those instead. But I was very pleased with the x800gto2.

One other thing, if you want VIVO, that x850xt doesn't have it, the x800gto2 does.

Marlon

Good find on that xt =D I wonder though if that is a real xt or just a cheapish attempt at an xt heh. i seem to remember those cards are going for $500 here in canada right now down at future shop.
Is it possible some of these cards are refurb and just not listed as such?
I kind of want vivo, but its not mission critical now. i have it on my 6600GT but dont use the function atm. Just want a decent performing card for cheap to hold me untill i can move to AM2.

Im just concerned if there is somthing i should know about that card for it to be so cheap. but i guess it doesnt really matter too terribly much, its going to be faster tahn my 6600GT no matter what.. would just hate to get it and find out its a funky one and only has one monitor output. I need dual display for instance. This one guy on ebay was selling an x800 that didnt have svideo, which i have never heard of before =O.

Back