• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freezing in games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

I've recently upgrade my computer to an eVGA 7800GT, Athlon 64 3800+ X2 on an ASUS A8N-SLI, powered by a Seasonic 600W power supply.

I've been playing Far Cry lately and noticed that sometimes I can be playing, I'll die, and then I want to go back to windows. However leaving the game freezes the computer and I have to power it off and then back on. The odd part is that I don't have to hold the power button down, I just press it once and its shuts off!

I was playing earlier and going up a ladder when it froze up on me with the sound looping quickly. I lowered my CPU OC and it still did it. I gave the CPU more voltage and it still did it! I lowered my video overclock and it still did it, different drivers and it still did it. I just lowered my memory frequency from 333MHz to 266 hoping it will change, but I'm doubting it will.

I was overclocking with it yesterday and it used to lock up like that after the Quake 4 campaign opening cutscene, but lowering my CPU overclock stopped that.

Does anyone have any clue why it keeps doing this to me?

turn everything back to stock, if it fixes the problem you know its your overclock

when you say say "lowered your OC" do you mean turning it back to stock, or just lowering your overclock?

Back