• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nooooooooooooo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
I just broke my Aopen AK73 Pro MoBo. Now I have to use the Aopen AX34 PRO II yes that means I'm using a Celeron 800 instead of my 1.1 gig T-Bird. Today I say good bye to a really good friend.:( :( :( :(

I was putting on the hold down for the waterblock I got in the mail today. It seemed ok then about a min later snap, crackle, and pop. It didn't break just the tab it broke the whole socket.:(

Exactly how is the socket broke? Please describe or take a pic.

If you can devise another way to hold down the water block you may be able to save your MB.

If your holding the motherboard in your hand it`s the left side. The socket cracked in the middle all the way across. I think I'll just get a new MoBo and go back to using a fan.

TRANCER24 said:
you could fix that with ease just desolder the old socket and solder in a new one .

And where, pretell, does one get a new socket? I don't think that they sell those.

What you could do, if the socket still works but is just cracked, is use the 4 mounting holes instead.

Oni said:

And where, pretell, does one get a new socket? I don't think that they sell those.

What you could do, if the socket still works but is just cracked, is use the 4 mounting holes instead.

im sure you could desolder one off a dead board or order one from somewhere they shouldn't be that hard to find.

Oni said:

That is what I was thinking.

My opinion is to take mother board to a picture frame shop,Have a nice frame mounted to it and hang it on the wall by the computer desk.

Then go buy a new board and invest you time in a board that is 100%.

After seeing all the key rings on here it is time we all tried a little mother board art work lol....

LOL... Here's the funny thing... I went to an Art exhibit with my girlfriend last year, and what did I see but old MicroChannel cards, VESA Local Bus Video Cards, Motherboards, pieces of a hard drive, etc etc etc all epoxied or screwed to plywood or foam board and in frames. Some of them had some paint on some of the components, but most were just old hardware stuck on a board and then put in a frame. The prices on those pieces was ASTRONOMICAL!!! Like, 1Mb VLB Video = $3 from junk bin @ Computer fair + 1 6" x 8" piece of Foam Board = $1 if that + Frame = As much as $20. So total spent could have been as much as $24 but once you call it "art" you can all of the sudden charge $450 for it... Damn I wish I had thought of that, hehe...
Peace
John

Back