• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AK31 Bios flash - Need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marky

Can anyone help? I have a AK31 Mobo that needs a bios upgrade to v3.1. I've copied everything to a floppy and have saved the old bios, but when I launch the AK31s2e9.bin program, I get the following message -

"The program file's part number does not match with your system!" "Are you sure to program (y/n)"

I'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but I've screwed up a bios before and I don't want to repeat the same mess. I'm especially nervous because this is for a new system.

Please help!

If you don't have the v3.1 board, then I don't think you can just flash the BIOS up to that version. That's a different hardware version, with a different chipset.

The Thelemac is correct. Go to this site, and see what version mobo you have.

Make absolutly sure that you get the correct bios for you're mobo, or you're going to have the same miserable problems you had B4.

If you need any more help, just give me a shout :)

Doctor

Thanks - got it!

Thanks for your help! I was able to get the bios flashed and its running sweet!

Back