• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron and DFI NF4 - Dividers...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
So I've never had divider issues with any 3000+ winchesters, 3000+ venices, or opteron 144s on my DFI NF4.

The divider problems I've had is with an opteron 148, and an opteron 170.

The x9 multi has NO problems with a divider, but the x10 multi seems to hate the two dividers that I need to use (166/200 and 180/200). This holds true with my opteron 148 and my opteron 170 when coupled with my Twinmos BH5.

So... is it the board or the CPUs???

Here's the thing... my opteron 170 @ 275x10 with the 180 or the 166 divider cannot even show windows logo, locks up for a few seconds, and reboots. I can only get her to boot at 265x10 with 180 or 166 divider. My ram can go up to 260 easily to boot to windows...

Now, when I set my opteron 170 to do 2.75ghz with the x9 multi (306x9) and I use the 166 divider... she boots no problem and runs the ram at 250 2-2-2-6... SUPERPI AND GAME STABLE!!!

Anyone have conclusions on dividers? the x10 divider is my favorite, and I can never seem to use it unless I run 1:1 with TCCD... and... I just sold my damn ocz plat r2 set...

my DFI LOVES 9x multis for some reason. on like 5 cpu's now dual and single 9x was always best and it likes all dividers it seems.

I can always clock highest with 9 multi, board loves high HTT for some reason. Other than that I know nothing :p

I got the same problems with my Opteron 148 and those dividers. Thats one reason why I ended up buying some TCCD.

Well, I bought some TCCD b/c of it as well, and then I finally decided to sell it cuz I see prices dropping. I figured I'd use the Twinmos BH5 in the meantime, but now I gotta resort to the 9x multi again... then again, I've had my board fully stable for several weeks at 333x9 with an opty 144... the board will handle the high HTT.

:)

I've never had any problems with any of the dividers on my system. (And I've tried them all.)

I did find that for some reason a few of the dividers need really high NB voltage to run. You could give that a shot. (I've taken the NB voltage to the max without harming the board, but my NB is also water-cooled.). . . On air, I would be willing to go up to 1.75V (as long as temps stay below 55C.)

Other things you can try (if you haven't already)
-- Higher LDT voltage
-- Lower LDT multi
-- 2T instead of 1T
-- More VDD voltage
-- More Vcore (I've found this to help before with dividers. I don't know why.)

Back