• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900 GT or GTX Supports?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rocco

Is the 7900Gt or GTX family supports directx 10? if not what card will support it?
BTW the came out fast with this 7900 family ridiculus! so my 7800gtx i bought 3 month ago is ancient these are just damn marketing tricks!

rocco said:
Is the 7900Gt or GTX family supports directx 10? if not what card will support it?
BTW the came out fast with this 7900 family ridiculus! so my 7800gtx i bought 3 month ago is ancient these are just damn marketing tricks!

DX10 is not even out yet, so no these cards do not support it. The next generation G80s will, and they will most likely comeout in Q3 or Q4 of this year, to coincide with the launch of Vista.

tranceaddict said:
DX10 is not even out yet, so no these cards do not support it. The next generation G80s will, and they will most likely comeout in Q3 or Q4 of this year, to coincide with the launch of Vista.
yes, thats why i keep my 6800gs till vista and am2 (new amd CPU)

because the new game crisis will come out around the Q3 of this year and that supports dx10

Is dx10 going to work better on am2 processors? Should 2 gigs of ddr500 and a s939 opteron give a dx10 card adequate bandwidth? I thought i heard that the new cards will relieve some of the burdon off the cpu. yay

Back