• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Merge PC.. annoying. Very annoying.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Careface

OK, so I decided to upgrade to windows x64 as my previous windows install was getting bloated (as it does). Also, ive heard that its faster.. ANYWAY when it came to BOINC/SETI, i went to merge pc (as EVERYTHING is the same, CPU, pc name, CPU benchmarks..) but seeing as the OS has changed, i cant merge. Ordinarily it wouldnt have worried me, but you see, the pc in question has nearly 45000CS and 330 RAC on it, that is now totally gone to waste due to inability to merge.. what should I do? It seems SO stupid that you cant merge due an OS upgrade!! Im tempted to email the folks at SETI to see if they can manually merge it for me, or do you guys have any better ideas? :( really upset :( Ive tried to get that PC into the top 9000 overall RAC for AGES, and now that ive done it, i have to start again >_< GAH!

Careface*

ok, searched around on the SETI forums and found hundreds apon hundreds of people with the same "problem" now im wondering, since its my OS thats made my pc "different" is there anyway to spoof my OS to BOINC so it still claims it on the "other" pc? im just really ****ed off that im losing my placing over something as trivial as this..

Careface*

Last edited:
Yeah the merge ****es me off too. I got the same computer with 3 different entrys. Whats weird though is 2 of those entrys have the same OS, and I think it split on its own.

*sighs* so there really is no hope? man thats a let down :p i usually rely on you OCF guys to sort my problems out lol.. ah well, guess this is something even the leet cant fix.
thanks anyway guys :D

Careface*

yeah, some times it merges, some time it won't. My dual athlons I have had for ever now have liek 4 different entries. Every time I reinstall it splits off. Some times it merges, other times it doesn't. Worse off shoot them an email. For me it didn't really matter, but I say it is worth a shot.

Enkidu said:
No hope that I know of - I had this happen to a machine with over 220,000 CS.

:eek: and I wonder what im complaining about!

heezer7 said:
Worse off shoot them an email.

Any idea what their email addy is? Ive checked on the site, but they give no contact details :(

Careface*

Back