• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY 7900 GTX $454.21 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ONLY $451.21

I'm sure it might be more else where, but I really can't
see why people pay this much for vid cards that are outdated in 3-6 months.

I'm sure it's a good find & thanks for posting it to share with everyone else.

I just can't see spending that much money, but that's just me.

:attn:

WarriorII said:
ONLY $451.21

I'm sure it might be more else where, but I really can't
see why people pay this much for vid cards that are outdated in 3-6 months.

I'm sure it's a good find & thanks for posting it to share with everyone else.

I just can't see spending that much money, but that's just me.

:attn:
I totally agree! In my opinion, buying a mainstream card that is one or two steps lower than the top end (and usually not too much slower) is a much better thing to do. It will save you a lot of cash, still play all of the new games at good fps, and it wont make you feel horrible when you have to upgrade again in 6 months.

blitzkrieg1110 said:
I totally agree! In my opinion, buying a mainstream card that is one or two steps lower than the top end (and usually not too much slower) is a much better thing to do. It will save you a lot of cash, still play all of the new games at good fps, and it wont make you feel horrible when you have to upgrade again in 6 months.

True, but buying the high end card now will mean that in six months, you will have the equivelent of the mainstream card that is one or two steps down. For example, I got a 7800GTX when they came out, and now my card is still as good as the second best nvidia card out there, the 7900GT. So, I don't "have" to upgrade this generation at all, as because I splurged before, I am able to save until next generation.

Achilles17 said:
True, but buying the high end card now will mean that in six months, you will have the equivelent of the mainstream card that is one or two steps down. For example, I got a 7800GTX when they came out, and now my card is still as good as the second best nvidia card out there, the 7900GT. So, I don't "have" to upgrade this generation at all, as because I splurged before, I am able to save until next generation.

Totally good point I my self am in same ship and personally untill a GAME takes advantage of any new video card advancement I tend to hold on to what I have.

Back