• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Vx Gold Series Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

What happened to this stuff? Was there some huge problem with them and OCZ took them off the market? Last time I was looking to upgrade my computer (about a year ago) I had my heart set on them. Reviews everywhere gave it high marks. I plan on replacing my aging ASUS A8V with a DFI nF4 Ultra-D and I wanted to buy some OCZ Vx Gold to go with the new mobo (since the A8V doesn't support vdimm high enough to make them worthwhile).

If this stuff is no longer available, what product replaced them? If it is available (other than on ebay, I found a couple there), where can I get it? Thanks.

These went out of production some time ago cause they can no longer get supplys of UTT IC's them and everyone else.

Closest thing that you can get to these is Team Group BH5's that they sell and you can find it at tankguys site.

Ok. I can deal with that. I remember the numbers for them were insane. Do the modules out now outperform them or should I just buy the ones I found online?

Another stupid question. I know AMD is in the process of phasing out s939 for the new AM2 setup. I don't know all of the details, I'm pretty out of the loop. I'm not looking to spend a ton of money (probably Opty 165 from what I've read here) on this upgrade. Should I just wait until after AM2 is released or should I get an Ultra-D now and dig up a pair of Gold VX?

UTT and BH5's are same thing, so if you can find either it would be a great buy.

However if you are gamer and even if not you should really consider getting 2GB 1GBx2 as you can find them fairly cheap these days like G-Skill HZ's which you can get under $200.

As for waiting I would recommend it totally as AM2 will launch very soon, but I wouldn't recommend that you go AMD this time around cause Intel Conroe will crush it in all apps including games so you might as well wait for them and save your money till then.

Intel Conroe will be out shortly after AM2.

Back