• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 233MMX on Powerleap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcennis3

Registered
I can't get my 233mmx above that number on Powerleap adaptor. It goes lower...133,166,180,200,233... when using the powerleap jumpers. Is it just that the 233 is not overclockable? Is there a way to tell which ones are and which ones aren't? The bus is maxed on MB.

Thanks for the response but I'm already familiar with the site. I have read at sites like Tom's Hardware that you can overclock some 233 but not others. I haven't found anyone with a Powerleap that have tried. I see some have gotten it to 300. I guess it is just the chip itself.

Since the FSB is maxed can you change the multiplier.. Your chip must be unlocked since it's a really early Intel chip.

For sure you can rise the Fsb from the original 66Mhz to 75 or 83Mhz, but all depends by the Mobo & Slotket adapter settings, not so sure about the multiplier unlocked, on my old P200MMx was locked :(

Unfortunatly, FSB maxs out at 66. Changing the multiplier on the powerleap maxs at 233 too. I guess I am really asking how can you tell if a 233 chip isn't locked...looks like some are and some aren't. If I can find one that isn't, I could then overclock from the powerleap itself. When I add a higher multiplier right now...it just lowers the mhz below 233.

its your FSB i used to have a p-200 on a MSI 6908 with 100fsb got it up to 250, got my p-233 up to 335 on the same board by playing with the voltage all you need to do is get a 100mhx fsb board then tweak it if it has voltage. just remember to get a super socket 7 board.

Ahh the P233...The little engine that could. I had one and it was screamin at the time. Give us an update on your results.

I'm going to build a PC but I don't want to spend anymore on this 233...was hoping to just find a quick fix...the mobo fsb only goes to 66. The PC actually is great...it runs as fast as the 866 Dells and Gateways that I use but they are not mine to tweak. 98lite helped to delete half of Windows...www.98lite.net. If you are not familiar with it, you can get Windows 98 down to under 40 MB. I actually get a little better speeds from dslreports.com with the 233 than I do with the 866s (using the same reg tweaks for DSL). Just hoping to push it further. Obviously, some newer programs are optimized with PIII and that isn't going to happen on this mobo. If I find a 233 chip that works I"ll report back.

FYI, you can download a program called IREDICATOR to delete Internet Explorer from www.98lite.net (what was that AOL lawsuit all about?). It helped when upgrading to IE6...a clean install and no more "illegal operations" caused by installing IE6 over IE5. I'm sure most of you know about the site already. Thanks for your advice.

Back