• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for best dvd writing converting software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amarkarian

i want one program that can handle basically all my dvd needs, willing to pay if its worth it, something really simple to use yet has many options such as switching formats and dvd burning the whole lot, whats the best app for my needs?

What you're asking is pretty vauge. You trying to do everything? copy? rip? burn? edit? You're probably looking at a set of freeware apps, or at least that's what I do.

Nero 7 Ultra may be able to handle all your needs, but I don't really have much experience with it. (Last I checked it was $99)

Bios24 said:
What you're asking is pretty vauge. You trying to do everything? copy? rip? burn? edit? You're probably looking at a set of freeware apps, or at least that's what I do.

Nero 7 Ultra may be able to handle all your needs, but I don't really have much experience with it. (Last I checked it was $99)

yeah i was looking for a freeware app that did all that, but if there isnt one what do you use thats freeware?

i want to take a couple of different files and burn them on to a dvd that will play on a regular dvd player, whats the best program?

For that I use: http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi2Dvd.html
It's real easy, and all you have to do is burn the ISO to a dvd and it's done.

Other stuff I've got in my toolbox for DVD's:
DVDShrink (or Shrinkto5)
VirtualDub (with mpeg2 support)
DVD decrypter (on occasion)
Haven't found anything good for straight mpeg2 editing, but I make do. Don't do much ripping, but there should be lots of guides out there.

Back