• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2 Prescott overclocking help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tosberg34

I'm not sure what the issue with my setup is here, but I can't get my board past 210 FSB without prime95 (or stress Prime 2004) failing. I've got all the hardware goodies for oc'ing, yet can't push it any higher. It's like having a corvette but not being able to go faster than 60mph! Aaaagh! Here is my setup:

- see my signature below for my hardware specs

- BIOS Settings:
DRAM Freq: 400MHZ
DRAM Volt: 2.75v
FSB: 210mhz
Performance mode: Ultra-Turbo
VCore: disabled by MSI but reads 1.5v
Timings: 2-3-2-7

Now I've read a lot that the 3.2 will overclock without having to raise the vcore at all. That's what I'm trying to hit. I don't see anything wrong with my settings yet the I can't oc any higher without failing. I've also read that I should still be able to oc higher, even at a 1:1 ratio (400mhz). Anyone with any advice on what I could be doing wrong? Thanks!

Those look like default timings for the platinum.

I think this might be your problem: 865PE Neo2-FIS2R
Mobo circuitry has more to do with overclocking than the processor does. Pay $50 for a mobo and you might as well not overclock.

I would definitely set the Performance mode down to Normal. Those modes have proven troublesome in the past on anything but normal, even running at stock speeds.

Back